ACTIVITIES THAT CAN BE ARRANGED LOCALLY:
Golf can be arranged at one of the many Golf Courses around Wicklow, including the stunning Woodenbridge Golf Club
Fly Fishing & Licence for River Fishing.
Horse Riding for all levels
Walking & Hiking
Self Guided Tours of The Weaving Sheds at Avoca Handweavers available until 4pm Monday – Friday – No Charge
Local interest – Cherrybrookhouse Bed and Breakfast
Cherrybrookhouse Bed and Breakfast is locaterd in picturesque Vale of Avoca in County Wicklow known as the “Garden of Ireland”.
We will be happy to suggest Day trips and Activites in the area to suit you.
History and museums
- Avoca Handweavers – oldest handweaving mill in Ireland
- Glendalough – Wicklows’ Beautiful National Park is home to Glendalough – 16th century monastic city set up by St. Kevin
- Killruddery House and Gardens – home of the Earl & Countess of Meath
- Avondale House and Forest Park – home of Charles Stewart Parnell
- Sea Life Centre in Bray – very popular with families – Great indoor facility
- Arklow Marine Museum – many ship models, navigation, safety equipment
- Greenane Farm, Museum & Maze – excellent for children
- Kilmacurragh Arboretum – Free guided walks daily.
- Woodenbridge Golf Club – 18 hole Par 71 (72 for ladies) golf course
- European Glof Club 15Kms
- Glenmalure Golf Club 15kms
- Arklow Gold Club 10kms
- Druids Glen Golf Club 30kms
- Blainroe Golf Club 15kms
- Pitch & Putt – Rathdrum 6km, Arklow 6km
- Horse Riding – available in Avoca
- Fishing – Woodenbridge 5km, Arklow 6km , Rathdrum – 6km
- Wicklow Mountains National Park – excellent area for walking, hiking and cycling
- The Motte Stone – on a clear day it is reputed that the hills of Wales can be seen
- Powerscourt Gardens – one of the best in Europe
- Powerscourt Waterfall – the highest in Ireland, close to Powerscourt Gardens
- Mount Usher Gardens – executed in Robinsonian style
- The Meetings of the Waters – where Thomas Moore wrote his famous melodies
- Brittas Bay – A beautiful and popular stretch of golden beach
- Walks – Walking Maps available on premises
- Guided Mine Heritage & Ballykissangel Walks from Village daily
- Bike hire can be arranged.
- Guided walks & Tours of Wicklow can be arranged.
- Watch the Red Kites as they fly over the Village most evenings
- Avoca Handweavers – throws, rugs, etc. You can see the weaving process too…
- Bridgewater Shopping Centre – New exciting shopping centre in Arklow featuring a cinema also
Treat yourself, your family and friends to luxury guest accommodation in elegant Cherrybrookhouse Bed and Breakfast in Avoca